Our DIY topic in the present day is handmade presents. I really like handmade presents. They’re essentially the most significant and considerate presents somebody may give. For these superior DIYS I’ve teamed up with my great buddy from munchkintime.com. We’ll be displaying you methods to make 5 artful significant presents and 5 scrumptious edible presents to fulfill these candy cravings.
I’m tremendous excited to share this with you guys and I’m glad I may match it in earlier than Christmas. I had so many DIY’s deliberate for this Christmas season and I’m a bit disenchanted that I ran out of time. Nonetheless this one made the lower…HAHA or ought to I say ” time-frame. ”
This mission took so much longer to prep then I anticipated. Gosh and people traces on the shops this time of 12 months are loopy. I stayed in throughout black Friday simply to keep away from these traces after which unintentionally went in to run errands on cyber Monday.. HAHA! I didn’t understand it was cyber Monday till I noticed the road on the verify stand!
YEH!! It was a few 40 minute wait!
Effectively my week flew by and Wednesday wasn’t any higher then Monday. Traces have been nonetheless tremendous lengthy and associates on the ground have been nowhere to be discovered to assist with questions. Thank God Interest Foyer had not less than Three associates each means I turned. Completed up my purchasing their very quickly. 😀 (Thanks Interest Foyer! 😀 ) Sufficient about my week… How was your week? Did you keep away from all of the traces and store on-line.
Right here’s methods to make the primary 5 artful presents. Don’t neglect to leap on over to Munchkintime and take a look at the opposite 5 yummy presents.
Right here’s a Fast VideoRight here’s what we’re making
- Personalised Mini Polaroid Magnets
- Suede Leather-based Mini Picture Album
- Star Anise and Lavender fizzy bathtub salts
- Mini Tic-Tac-Toe booklet
- Rustic Steel Personalised Bookmarks
I didn’t take many pictures through the course of of constructing all these crafts as a result of, I used to be so carried away with recording the video. I at all times try to bear in mind to take picture’s throughout recording however, I can’t appear to recollect. My apologies to these of you preferring pictures over video. I’ll strive higher subsequent time. 😀
#1. Personalised Mini Polaroid Magnets
What you’ll want
- mod podge
- E6000 glue
- picture prints (Attempt printing at your native library. I paid .75 cents for Three pages of prints, and I didn’t even find yourself utilizing all of them.. Not but! 😀 )
- tin snips ( if it’s worthwhile to lower your magnets to dimension)
- magnets (I recycled some outdated magnets from my fridge… These yearly calendar magnets work nice)
- white acrylic paint (That is completely optional- you don’t have to the touch up your tiles on the again and sides)
- mini sq. tiles ( I acquired my tile at house depot. I consider it was again splash tile. This sheet of tile value about $3 )
- razor blade
To start out off use your CAREFULLY use your razor blade to take away your tile and lower off any extra glue on the perimeters. When you select to the touch up your tiles with white paint accomplish that presently. Then lower your pictures to dimension. I made certain to depart a much bigger hole on the underside to imitate an precise Polaroid. Then flip your picture face down and apply a great coat of mod podge. Following that connect your picture to your tile and gently rub out any bubbles. Then take your magnets and lower them to dimension with tin clips if wanted. To complete it off take your E6000 glue apply some to your magnet and fasten it to the again of your tile. That’s it!! Don’t neglect to allow them to dry earlier than making an attempt them in your fridge!! 😀 😀 (trigger that’s what individuals like me do. hehe 😀 )
#2 Suede Leather-based Mini Picture Album
What you’ll want
- balsa wooden sheet (in different phrases a brilliant skinny wooden sheet offered at crafts shops)
- mod podge
- E6000 glue
- Mini ebook rings (simply to offer you a heads up… Michael’s is the one place I’ve discovered these at. Interest foyer doesn’t carry these rustic fashion rings. Oh and so they’re even form of arduous to search out at Michael’s) 🙁
- Scissors (How you want my new scissors. 😀 😀 Scored them infants for $5 complete . 😀 )
- Suede Leather-based Trim ( I bought my leather-based at Interest Foyer. They’ve completely different colours. Don’t have a pastime foyer close to you? Recycle an outdated leather-based purse or a coat! You may as well be careful for one thing at goodwill 😀 )
- Leather-based gap punch (I borrowed this from my beautiful neighbor. Tip: When you’ll be utilizing actual leather-based you’ll be able to’t get away with out utilizing a leather-based gap punch.. TRUST ME!! I attempted. Except you need to make tiny x’s along with your scissors as a substitute of precise spherical holes )
- Picture prints
- gap punch
Okay there is a little more steps to this then the magnets however it’s nonetheless fairly darn simple to make. When you get technique to confused watch the video. I promise it makes higher sense then me. haha! 😀 To make it simpler I’ve determined to interrupt it down into steps. Hope it helps! 😀
To start out, lower your balsa wooden into excellent squares. ( if you buy thicker wooden use tin snips to chop it… The thinner balsa wooden might be lower with scissors.) These shall be your pages in your album. You’ll be able to select what number of you need. Then lower your pictures right down to dimension and fasten them with mod podge. Apply your mod podge on the again facet of the picture then merely connect to the wooden. notice: additionally optionally available to seal the picture on high for added sturdiness. When you select to take action, be sure you do it as soon as the you picture is dry. (OOOH OOH virtually neglect. Be sure you connect your pictures to just one facet of the wooden, because you’ll be attaching the opposite facet to your leather-based and it gained’t be seen )
At this level you need to have your album pages able to go onto your leather-based. For step 2 it’s worthwhile to use your paper to measure out a sq. on it and lower it out. This sq. shall be used as a sample to chop your leather-based pages. Be sure you have sufficient room in your ring holes on the perimeters. I additionally left further room throughout the sides simply because I just like the look of leather-based 😀 .
Lay your paper sample down onto your leather-based , hint and lower your leather-based squares out.
Following that use a gap punch to punch holes in your paper sample in your ebook rings. Then take your paper sample lay it on high of every leather-based sq. and mark with chalk the place the holes needs to be. Use your leather-based gap puncher to make holes the place you marked them.
To complete off your album insert your mini ebook rings and fasten your wood picture sheets with E6000 glue. That’s it!! 😀 That’s wasn’t to unhealthy proper?
#Three Star Anise and Lavender Fizzy Bathtub Salts
What you’ll want
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/Four cup citric acid (I had a tough time discovering these items regionally. Walmart solely sells it on-line and craft shops don’t promote it. I lastly discovered it at an natural grocery retailer )
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1 tablespoon dry lavender ( I had this available however you may get away with utilizing important oils as a substitute. Be sure that so as to add one drop at a time. You don’t need it to fizz up on you. )
- 7 pods of Star Anise ( I additionally discovered this at my native natural grocery retailer. Seems star anise is nice for broken pores and skin and that’s simply to call one… Google it. These items is unbelievable!! )
- glass vial ( I bought mine at Michaels. Subsequent to the money registers. They have been a $1 every)
- measuring cup
I really feel humorous even writing the instruc
tions for this one as a result of, it’s sssso simple to make. Simply in case although… Right here it goes! Measure and add all of your elements to your bowl. Break the star anise up a bit earlier than including it to your combination. Then combine every thing up and use your spoon to fill your glass vials. That’s it!! I guess you’ll be able to’t wait to listen to it FIZZ!! 😀
#Four Mini Tic-Tac-Toe booklet
What you’ll want
- Paper Mache Booklet ( I discovered mine at pastime foyer… I want that they had even smaller ones. I’m certain they’ve them on-line)
- Chalk paint
- Mod podge
- Suede Leather-based
- Masking Tape
- Ruler – Pencil
- E book web page or paint (I made a decision to make use of an outdated ebook web page for the within of my booklet. You need to use something you’d like)
- X ‘s and Hearts printables (I used hearts as a substitute of o’s for tic-tac-toe…This step is optionally available. You’ll be able to simply use chalk to play the sport as a substitute)
Okay as if tic-tac-toe isn’t already cool sufficient on it’s personal! This secret little booklet has limitless potentialities. Mother’s with energetic little ones this one goes out to you. This little booklet can carry a set of toys and has chalk and a chalk board to paint on… Oh and virtually neglect tic-tac-toe!! How cool is that! PS. This isn’t just for youngsters… Adults love tic-tac-toe too! 😀
(Perhaps I’m simply considering of myself as a mother! My little man is overly energetic and generally these 2.5 hour church companies aren’t precisely ones to sit down out for a Three 12 months outdated. I’d of beloved this when my little man was 3. Now that he’s 7, he’s grownup sufficient to sit down by way of church listening to the preacher. 😀 )
To start out, paint your booklet. I used white paint. As soon as dry lower your outdated ebook web page to dimension and mod podge it on the within of your ebook. Following that tape off the highest of your ebook if you would like a white trim and paint it in with black chalk paint. You may as well simply paint the entire high of your ebook in chalk paint! 😀 To complete your booklet lower your shapes out of leather-based and that’s it.
#5 Rustic Steel Personalised Bookmarks
What you’ll want
- Mod podge
- Steel tags ( you need to use paper tags as nicely. I purchased these at Michaels for .50 cents every)
- Picture Prints
First lower your pictures right down to dimension and mod podge them onto your steel tags. Then to make your mini pom poms use your fork by wrapping the yarn round your fork 10-14 time. Have in mind the extra you wrap the larger your pom pom shall be. Bizarre proper?! In any case after getting your yarn wrapped lower it off leaving about 12″ inch tail. Then take the tip you chop off and feed it by way of the middle of your forks hole (cautious to not let every thing slide off the fork) . Do that twice. It ought to look form of like a bow. When doing it the second time tie a knot as a substitute of simply feeding it in circles and tighten as a lot as you’ll be able to. Then pull it off your fork and lower the looped edges of your bow. Unfold your pom pom out a bit so it begins wanting like a ball and lower off any items protruding to kind an ideal pom pom. That’s it. Gosh hope that makes since!
To complete off the ebook mark, feed your pom pom string by way of your tag gap and your can both tie it or sizzling glue it into place on the bottom. (I hot-glued mine)
That’s it for in the present day. My favourite present is the leather-based album. What’s yours?
Oh I made this little reminiscences signal for the album with wooden and a white sharpie. I painted the piece of wooden black.
I really like love love the way it turned out! These colours are ssso purdy!! 😀 😀
These rustic ebook rings went completely with the colour theme.
How cute are these magnets! They’re so tiny. Little Ole is holding one on this picture!
These pom poms are cute! 😀 I can’t wait to make use of these bookmarks.
Right here’s how the within of the ebook turned out! 😀 Love the country really feel! 😀
And I simply can’t recover from these X’s and hearts! Okay I admit it! I’m a bit obsessed over these DIY tasks! Perhaps I’m simply stunned as a result of, I wasn’t anticipating a lot from these DIYS. They’ve undoubtedly exceeded my expectations! I hope your loving them as a lot as I do! 😀
😀 😀 😀
Okay Okay that’s it! I promise. No extra pictures! I’m having to a lot enjoyable with this! hehe 😀 I’ll see you subsequent time!
Try Munchkintimes 5 tasty DIYS right here –